Sunday, August 17, 2014

Going Under: Snippet Sunday #1

GoodReads  |  Amazon


Woooow. It's almost here! We're almost to release day for Kyle and Eddy's story, Going Under. But...

Before I leave you with the Snippet Sunday (I'll be doing one per Sunday until the release of Going Under on Sept 1st.) I wanted to catch you up with a couple things. Keep Swimming will be available in paperback by the end of this week, links for Amazon and Barnes & Noble will be shared, though it's available for purchase now at CreateSpace [Click Here].

My co-author (and bestie) Allison Cassatta and I signed the contract for our contemporary M/M novel, We Found Love, with Dreamspinner Press for a January release. I'm SUPER excited. I really really can't wait for y'all to get your hands on that story. It was hard to write, lots of tears. And keep a look out because we've begun editing for our first project together Teaching Professor Grayson, which releases in eBook and paperback at Dreamspinner Press on November 1. I'll make sure to get those pre-order links up as soon as we have them. As for my solo projects, I've got Going Under, then in December I've got The Graduate Student releasing.

Speaking of pre-orders. You can [Click Here] to pre-order Going Under. Which lead us into Snippet Sunday. Going Under is the second book in the Keep Swimming Series. If you read the first, Keep Swimming, then you'll recognize Kyle Bevins as Heath's best friend and business partner. Eduardo "Eddy" Clarke is the newcomer, a hapless ex-con who's not been so lucky in his pursuit of love and being out. Oy vay, these boys.

So in the snippet today, Heath comes to check on Kyle who's been in a pissy mood since he saw Eddy at a bar the previous weekend. Kyle's cleaning the yacht thinking on the tiff he and Eddy had and a...dumb decision Eddy made. So here's a brief moment of Heath trying to be supportive:





Maybe if he’d just let Eddy leave quietly, Eddy wouldn’t have felt the need to put on that little show in the parking lot for Kyle. Not like they were anything more than two guys who’d gotten off together, and he’d probably deserved having it rubbed in his face, but it’d still sucked to see what he had. That should have been him, dammit.
“Coming aboard!” Kyle started and turned quickly. Heath jumped back as Kyle doused him with the hose. Oops. He laughed and got a glare from Heath. “What the hell.”
“I knew I made you wet, Heath, but should we really make it so public?”
“You’re an idiot,” Heath said. Kyle switched off the hose and dropped it, picking up the deck mop. “Another green?”
“Of course. I told him he wasn’t looking too hot, maybe he should lay off those fancy beers, but he insisted they’d make the sea-sick better.” Kyle stopped and looked at Heath. “Heaven forbid they listen to the captain. The one they come to because he has Coast Guard experience and all.”
“Heaven forbid,” Heath said, smiling. “You doing okay? Apparently your working yourself into the ground is a sure sign you’re in ‘meltdown mode’. According to Cary.”
“Tell Cary there’s better uses for his mouth than asking nosy questions.” There are better uses for that mouth than being a smartass. Kyle scowled when he remembered those words.
“See, that face. Apparently, as your best friend I’m supposed to ask you questions when you’re upset. Communication and all that.”
“Communicate this, douche.” Kyle flipped Heath off, smiling to show he was joking. “I’m good, honestly. You know me, boy problems.”
“You?” Heath asked in mock surprise. “Can’t imagine.”
“I know! Mama tells me boys are no good but I keep going back for more.” And how.
“Well, if you need to talk…”
“Call Cary,” Kyle deadpanned.


That's it for this week, guys! Stay tuned for more from Going Under, releasing September 1.

<3 Kaderade



No comments:

Post a Comment